Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Instead of an action-packed weekend full of birthday parties and sports activities, we had a low key weekend of just fun.  The boys and I shopped a bit on Friday morning and played outside with water balloons after naps.  These two can really play so hard, and they are learning more and more to play well together!  I wish I had taken a picture of the scene I found in Linc's room at one point . . . they had moved the two "little" chairs into the center of the room to face each other, and Linc had called a meeting!  He had a little plastic cup and a small spatula, and he said he was making coffee to drink like Bubbles.  Beau was hanging on Linc's every word!  Linc "made" the coffee and they took turns pretending to drink it, and all the while Linc was giving Beau plenty of warnings about not breaking the glass (no, it was plastic) coffee cup. 
We made a trip to the bank on Saturday afternoon, and it wasn't as exciting as Lincoln had hoped.  He decided to hop up in a chair and check out the nearest Forbes magazine! 
We went to Bandito's for dinner, and it was super fun!  The boys got their own side of the table all to themselves, and that's never happened!  Of course, I brought their dinner and a movie!  They had a grand time watching It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and dining on grilled hot dogs, green beans, rolls and apple sauce.  Mommy and Daddy were the real winners because Bandito's food is adult-yummy! 
Beau and I made a late evening stop at CVS Pharmacy, and he immediately zeroed in on some clearance Halloween pumpkins!  Because it was just like his trick-or-treat pumpkin, I guess he thought it was like Halloween night all over again.  He totally trick-or-treated all over the store.  He grabbed the pumpkin and walked up to the candy aisle and said "trick-or-treat" as he grabbed a pack of M&Ms.  He then spotted a pack of batteries that he needed and politely said "trick-or-treat" again as he put the pack in his pumpkin!   
Beau was collecting the most random things in his pumpkin!  We found the condiments, and he was thrilled!  He grabbed the ketchup bottle with so much excitement but was a little hesitant with the mustard bottle.  He asked me if "mutard" was a candy, and I told him we could pass on that one. 
Linc has been singing like crazy these days.  I usually listen to sports radio, but when the Rangers season is done (too early) I take a little sports break for a month or two.  We've been listening to regular radio for a couple of weeks, and Lincoln has already picked a few favorite songs to learn.  He sang Beau and I a super cute remix that I had to share! 
We had our family photo session on Sunday afternoon, and the boys were really cooperative.  We had practiced what we would say instead of "cheese" - the most popular were "macaroni and cheese on your head" and "pepperoni"!  I think the session went well, and I can't wait to get the proofs from Ms. Claire.  I think a pretty low key weekend was good for all! 

No comments: