Monday, November 12, 2012

Brotherly Love

Lincoln and Beau seem to be inseparable these days.  They always want to be in on what the other is doing.  I love that they are so close in age and can take part in the same activities with minimal troubles.  After church on Sunday, we headed to Cindi's for brunch.  It was still warm and perfect for spending the wait for our table outside in the fun chairs.  At one point, I asked them who was ready for pancakes . . . I got two loud shouts of "MEEEEEE!" 
 The weather changed pretty quickly to super cool (almost cold), but we managed a little outdoor fun.  Lincoln was super proud of his Razorback hoodie.  Beau kept repeating "hoodie" over and over, then he just switched to "Go, Mommy!" because I stopped pushing him in the Jeep to take their picture. 
It seems like they can't get close enough!  I don't know why they decided to hide behind the chair, but they were loving it!  They both (almost) cooperated when I asked them to look directly at the camera and cheese out.  Each time Lincoln took a drink from his cup, Beau would grab his and take a drink too.  He mostly adores his big brother!  Sometimes I think they are like night and day, and other times I think they are so much alike! 
I know that being so close also brings on so many disputes . . . luckily, those are less frequent than the fun times.  I try to talk to Lincoln about setting a good example for Beau, and I try to point out to Beau when Linc is displaying good (or bad) behavior.  So far, Beau only comments on the bad.  He loves to tell me "Lincoln trouble" or Lincoln crying", but he never reports that Lincoln is leading him on some super giggly adventure.  I guess I have to hear that on my own.  I think they are the best brothers ever!

No comments: