Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful for Christmas Songs

After the Thanksgiving clean-up, Daddy and Bubbles pulled all of the Christmas boxes out of the attic.  On Friday afternoon, I began decorating with lots of excitement.  I love having lots of lights, trees, ornaments, decorations, and music.  The boys were super happy to wake up from their naps to Christmas song books. 
 They have definitely filled the house with Christmas Carols!  I'm glad we have several musical books because they don't always agree on which song should be played.  I've been doing some crazy mixed-up songs . . . Jingle Bells mixed with Up On the Housetop, or Deck the Halls mixed with Oh Christmas Tree . . . it's not always pretty!
Our big tree in the formal area looks great, except there are no good ornaments on the bottom third of the tree.  I'm quite understanding of the need of children to play with ornaments in their reach, so no good ones on the bottom!
The tree in the playroom is full of Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, snowmen and nutcrackers, and the boys love it!!  I'm pretty sure that none of these are breakable, but they will definitely test that!  I bought jingle bell garland for this tree  . . . I'll hear the tree jingling if they mess with it unsupervised.  What a nice and decorative alarm system!
We are all really getting into the holiday spirit!  Lincoln's class has been practicing Christmas songs lately, and he sang Jingle Bell Rock and Feliz Navidad tonight.  I ran to get the camera to record them, but then he cried.  I'll try again EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT until I get this on film.  It's hilarious!  It's pretty cool that Thanksgiving was so early this year so we can begin our Christmas celebrations even earlier.

No comments: