Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bookworms!

Sometimes a reading lesson is necessary . . . and Lincoln is always happy to be the teacher!  The boys both really love their books and definitely have their favorites.  Beau's favorites right now are Brown Bear, Good Night Moon (still!!!), Counting Numbers, I Love You Through and Through (my favorite!), and Cookie's Christmas Cookies.  Linc already knows the words to Beau's little books, so he loves to read to him.  Beau is not always happy about that, but he sat patiently while Lincoln read him all of his favorites. 
Lincoln's favorites change more frequently, and he always chooses books that I like.  Right now he's into Biscuit books, Mickey's Pet Shop Pup, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Saggy Baggy Elephant, and High Five Magazines.  We visit the library every few weeks for new Berenstain Bears and Franklin books.  Those take a while to read, and Beau just doesn't have the patience yet.  I try to save those for when Beau is busy.  I'm glad Beau was tolerant of Linc's bossy reading lesson, and I hope there are many more!

No comments: