Monday, March 21, 2011

Home Sweet Home


I nervously made my way to Medical City early this morning, in hopes that Beau had successfully taken all feeds by bottle overnight. Of course - awesome little eater that he is - he took them all like a champ! We waited (im)patiently all day and were finally able to bring Beau home early in the afternoon. After a long nap, it was time to meet Big Brother Lincoln. Here is Lincoln checking him out for the first time. (Beau was still sleeping in his crib.) A smile is a good sign!

Lincoln politely introduced Beau to his friends, Ernie and Elmo. Linc didn't want to get too close at this point, but it had only been a few minutes into their introduction. No need to rush! Lincoln directed us all into the playroom, so I brought Beau and sat down on the floor. Almost immediately, Linc came over and said, "Hold the Baby Beau." I think he likes him!

Someone is loving this!

He didn't hold Beau long, but came back after just a few minutes and said, "Linc one more time hold Beau." This cycle was repeated several times, each time with Lincoln enjoying it more and more.

Cutest. Picture. Ever. Nana and Pops came over to visit, and Linc needed to show them he could hold Beau too. He was so sweet. Well, I'm glad day one went well. I can't imagine what day two will bring, but I'll find out soon! Linc is going to school most days to keep his normal routine in place. I don't want him to miss out on playing with his friends and doing fun activities, and Beau and I will get some special bonding time. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers . . . I've got proof they worked sleeping in the next room!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh happy day! What great news!

Jamie said...

I love the pictures! They are the best!!!! So glad your family is all home together!

Krickett said...

Monica -

Baby Beau is a beautifull addition to you wonderful family. We'll keep him in our prayers that he continues to grow stronger everyday! Get your rest.

Kristina Cox

Dale said...

What a blessing. Glad day one went well. Congratulations to all of you.

Megan said...

love that picture of Kevin with his boys!!!! print and frame!!! I am shooting you an e-mail to hopefully visit you all soon so I can meet Beau!