Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another Day Closer

What a marvelous day Sunday turned out to be . . . Beau has made such great strides that the doctors are discussing kicking him out! I went for the first feeding of the morning and was met with the good news by our favorite NICU nurse. If we could just get him eating without the feeding tube, we'd be home free! I nursed him at nine and noon, successfully but slowly, and with the help of a bottle to top him off. Nursing is a little slow and tedious right now, but he can sure gulp the bottle down. I've supplied enough breast milk for the entire NICU in Beau's little fridge, though he's not leaving much to share! So here's the deal:
Sunday: ate without the feeding tube at 9, noon, 3, and 6. (He needs to take the next four by bottle as well.) Received Hep B shot.
Monday: scheduled circ from Dr. M. He'll need to teetee after that. Will need last hearing screen.
If all of these go well, we'll be bringing home our little man. All the prayers are working, and I'm so excited that he'll be home soon. The staff is telling me Tuesday at the latest . . . stay tuned!!!
Apparently he isn't a fan of the overhead light while he's sleeping - check out his reaction!
Lincoln had a super day of playing, even though I missed most of it due to my endless trips back and forth to Medical City. Daddy has taken over meal times for Linc, and they're getting used to dining as a couple. Daddy is also in charge of wardrobe - always a surprise! I did manage to enjoy a bit of outside time with him, and he was showing off his new Jeep. Nana and Pops surprised him with the new wheels, and he's quite the driver already. Notice he takes his friends Elmo and Ernie along for the ride . . . every time!!!
I'm not quite sure this is the correct way to use the Jeep, but he really thought it was cool to stand in the back.
It's been the longest week ever . . . last Monday seems like an eternity ago. I'm so hopeful that tomorrow goes well, and we'll soon introduce Linc and Beau. There will be lots of pics, don't worry!

1 comment:

6ftred said...

Great news, Monica! I was out last week and just got caught up! Wow! What an experience you all are going through. So glad things are improving rapidly! FYI - my daughter, too, was put into NICU after I had her - they sent me home and kept her little 10 pound+ body there next to delicat preemies. It was awful - BUT - she's 20 now and it's just an old story from long ago. It only gets better! {HUGS}