Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just Playing Around

This is often how Lincoln approaches me . . . with a book in each hand, ready to plop down in my lap to read. We definitely get our money's worth on each and every book. Of course he has favorites, but we read them all at least once each day.
Lincoln makes the sounds of the pictures in his books. Animal sounds were his faves, but now he's into moving vehicles! He makes the motor sound for the truck/car/tractor, a strange hissing sound for the airplane, and a choo-choo sound for the train. (He's making the train sound in the picture below!)

After reading for a bit, Lincoln sneakily walked around me as quiet as he could and stood behind his crib. He thought he was hiding and that I couldn't see him! He stood there giggling for a minute, obviously proud of his trick.
I popped my head around and surprised him - oh, what a laugh!
We had quite a busy day of a run in the jogging stroller, swimming at the pool, reading books, coloring, playing ball (golf, baseball and basketball), shopping at our favorite grocery store, riding the horsey, and even squeezing in a good nap! It was a fun day of just being a toddler. What a life!

No comments: