Thursday, July 1, 2010

15 Months

The fifteen month mark has brought a barrage of new things. I can't even keep up with all the things Lincoln does and says because it's coming fast furious! Each day he amazes us, and I swear he's the smartest kid ever. (You other parents are free to think your kids are the smartest kids ever . . . I totally understand!) Here's what I can tell you about Lincoln at 15 months:
Weight
Almost 23 pounds - seriously, the baby scale said 22.15 the other night. I gave him a toothbrush to hold to push him up to 23, but it didn't work! He's still in the 25th percentile, but he eats quite a bit and just plays it all off! He loves any kind of chicken, fish sticks, strawberry newtons, carrots, cheese, bananas, pancakes and all snack foods. We're going through milk like crazy right now. Last weekend he drank a whole gallon! Of course we buy the fancy organic stuff, so I may invest in that company for a while. If other kids are like Lincoln, that stock will turn into serious cash!
Height
31.5 inches - and it's the cutest 31.5 inches I've ever seen! Maybe he's growing taller but not fatter for now. He's pretty long-waisted with short legs. He still wears a lot of 12 month clothes, but the one piece things are not long enough in the stride. We love to see him in polo shirts or t-shirts with shorts . . . no more onesies for us!
Words - I'll just add to the list from last month.
Animal Sounds - Neigh, Meow, Baaa, Doodle-Do (for the rooster) We practice these all the time. I'm working on duck, dog and pig right now, but he's not interested in those yet.
Back - It doesn't always sound clearly like "back", sometimes he leaves off the "ck". He loves to put things back and gets aggravated when I'm not participating.
Bye-Bye - It seems like he should have been saying this one a while ago, but it's a new one. Since he was 10 months old, he blows a kiss when we say bye-bye. Now blows a kiss, waves and says bye-bye.
Night-night - Lincoln begins saying night-night when we get out of the bath, then repeats it over and over when we read the Sesame Street book "Nighty-Night" at bedtime.
Minnie and Nana - He loves his grandmothers and can say both of their names when I show him pictures. (I bet they are both squealing with delight right now!!!!) As for Pops and Grumps, we're working on it. He tries hard to say Pops when he sees the picture, but the sound's just not coming out yet. When I ask him to say Grumps, he makes the silly sound that Grumps always makes. Because he can't figure out how to say the word, he's transferring the name to blubbering!
Fun Party Tricks
Lincoln loves to high five. He gives them to us, the swim teacher, the grocery store lady, and on and on.
He loves his belly button and anyone else's belly button too! He constantly lifts his shirt and our shirts to check them out.
The vacuum cleaner is an amazing appliance! He chases it around while I'm vacuuming and just wants to touch it.
He can retrieve or put away his shoes when I ask him.
I'm most excited about this one: Lincoln always hands the cup to me or very intently stands it right side up on the ground after he's had a drink. No more (well, much less) spilled milk!!!!
Helping with the laundry: I try to get him involved in all the activities around the house. Daddy says the dishwasher is off limits though. He's crazy about those raw chicken germs, even when the dishwasher is clean!
I told him to say "cheese" and this is what I got!
We all laugh so much. He's so happy and loves to laugh.
While Lincoln loves to play baseball, basketball and golf, he always goes back to his books. He loves for us to read to him and to take a break and read by himself. I hope this phase lasts for at least 20 years!
Lincoln showed off quite a bit at his 15 month appointment. He marched around the room a million times, babbled with the doctor, and flirted with the nurses. Dr. K said we're all good! Can't wait to see what 16 months holds!

2 comments:

the box family said...

it's amazing to see lincoln grow like this! i can't believe he's only three months older than mccoy...we have alot of catching up to do! happy 15th month!

Hayley said...

I love the picture of him sitting on the fireplace! So cute!

I hear you about the milk thing...I buy the organic stuff too, and it gets pricey!!