Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Great Trip to Arkansas

I took Lincoln on his first trip this week. We flew to Arkansas to visit some very excited relatives. He was so good on the plane. He sat in my lap and bobbed his head around and goo-ed. He didn't cry once! First, Lincoln met his Memama and Poppa (my grandparents), Patsy and Julia Ann (my great aunts), and Barbara and Sarah (my aunts). Minnie, Grumps and Allyson were able to meet us there, too. Everyone loved him, and they were so impressed with him. He was a little cranky because his schedule got mixed up by the travel, but he played and talked to each person when they held him. He's so vocal!! Here he is relaxing with his Memama and Poppa.

After our visit in Lincoln County (I'm not making that up . . . I swear that's where they live!), we went to Dumas to meet Auntie. Lincoln did lots of playing and entertaining. He was so sweet to her friends who came to meet him too. I think he learned a few new sounds on the trip, and he's talking so much these days. He also found out that he really likes to stand up. I can't get him to sit in my lap at this point because he always wants to push up. Oh, what a kid! Here he is showing Auntie his favorite toy (note the groggy look - he's about to take a nap).

It was a great trip, and I'm glad he got to meet everyone. He was so good! I didn't expect him to be bad or anything, but he was a real champ. He slept all through the nights in his new pack and play and took great naps there, too. He was happy to meet all the new faces and smiled and goo-ed at anyone who wanted to hold him. I'm lucky that he's so fun and good-natured. After all the excitement, we're glad to be home. I'm sure Kevin missed us and is glad we're back, although I'm sure it was much quieter around here and he finally got to sleep late. It was definitely a success, and I won't be scared to do it again.

3 comments:

Megan said...

loving the shoes in pic #3.

and I will see you Sunday!

Melissa K. said...

He is so cute and growing more with every picture I see. I know the grandparents and great-grandparents are spoiling him to death!

Melissa

Hayley said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! Congrats on making your first trip! That is an accomplishment.