Tuesday, June 2, 2009

2 months

Our two month visit was today with Dr. K, so let's share the official word: Lincoln is perfect! Of course we all knew that, right? He was very curious and did lots of looking around in the exam room. All went well until it was time for shots. It is a necessary evil! Here are the details and a picture displaying his calmness during the exam:
Weight: 12 lbs! I was thinking that seemed kind of hefty for only two months, but they say 50th percentile. Glad to know he's right on track. He definitely doesn't have a problem eating and loves the milk no matter what I eat.
Height: 22 1/2 inches. Kevin disputes this measurement and believes his yardstick measurement of 24 inches is correct. I'm ok with either. He does seem much longer than when he was born (at 20 inches).
Head: 16 inches. This puts him in the 70th percentile. He needs a big head to hold all those smarts!
These next pics are of our favorite play spots. We play in several different places throughout the day, as I don't want him to get bored. He is so reactive and smiles and laughs at the toys. I know he has deep conversations with some of them, and I can't imagine what they're talking about. How I wish I could speak "baby".
He loves to play on a blanket on our big bed. We get the toys out and climb up with him. The blocks are his favorites and the butterfly too. Tummy time seems to go over better when done on the bed, so it's done often.
I prop him up on the boppy pillow after meals, and we do our best chatting then. He found his tongue the other day, and I've enjoyed watching him explore that. He sticks it out a lot. I started sticking mine out at him and that always gets a laugh. He's so funny!


The mat is still his favorite place, and I can see why. There are flashing lights, fun toys to talk to and a mirror to look at his cute self. I wish I could hang out under there! He talks to the sunshine toy the most, but I rotate the toys hanging down so he'll have new things to look at. (Does this mean I'm micromanaging his playtime? I think not!) Check out how long he is, and don't overlook the cute sandals.


1 comment:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I used to rotate Caroline's toys, too!!! I am sure that Lincoln appreciates the changes in scenery :)