Friday, March 27, 2009

Still waiting . . .

Yes, you read that correctly - we still don't have a baby! I am definitely past my due date, and I am also past the "enjoyment" phase of this pregnancy. Other than the fact that I'm dying to meet Baby Lincoln, I'm really tired of being pregnant. There are still no physical discomforts for me, I'm not having contractions very often, no running to the bathroom every 5 seconds, and I'm not in any pain - I'm lucky this has been such a pleasant experience overall. But now I'm ready! After several meetings with Dr M this week and several reports of little or no progression, we've decided to induce on Monday morning. We met today to discuss any final things we need to know, do, or not do, and I'm finally seeing the light. It seems like a huge weight has been lifted now that we have a set date. Of course, it would be fine if I went into labor on my own before then, but at least I have a deadline.

That's the update for now. I've left instructions for transferring/downloading pictures and how to post them. Hopefully someone (Dad) will be in charge of letting everyone know how we're doing and how cute Lincoln is! Stay tuned!!

5 comments:

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Yea! I know you are so relieved to have an end in sight :) Can't wait to get the update!!!!

Jamie said...

So glad to hear there is end in sight for you! I am glad to hear that you are not uncomfortable thought! And to be honest, in my opinion anyway... induction is the best way to no have to deal with to much pain. Having done it both ways, I would go with the induction! Good luck can't wait to see his cute little face!!!

Hayley said...

Lincoln and Clare could have the same birthday!!! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing his sweet face!

Megan said...

I was hoping to go to the hospital to see you and Lincoln the day after he is born, but only if it happens before Monday!!! I have class Tuesday and cant skip out... If he was born tomorrow that would be great. I Love you Monica! And good luck!

julia said...

Good luck on Monday, it will be here before you know it. I can't wait to see the pictures.