Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cry Me A River . . .

I thought I would share some really exciting news with all of my friends and family . . . there were no tears at our house yesterday!!!!! (No, I'm not referring to a baby crying. I haven't had the baby yet!) It seems that pregnancy hormones are the most powerful things in the world and can completely take a person over, rendering you helpless to emotions. I've been keeping track of my meltdowns and I can think of three days out of the last month or so that have been tear-free. Hooray! The book says this is totally normal, and it will take a while to return to regular. That can't come soon enough for me! Kevin has been pretty patient and tried to soothe me with each episode, but he's kind of at a loss. Let me give you an idea of the most recent events: tears of frustration on Wednesday that everyone has a baby but me and mine isn't ready to join us, a complete breakdown after work on Thursday due to a long trying work day and "things to do" stress, Friday brought cries of pain and anxiety when I thought labor was beginning thanks to severe back pain and a few contractions, tears of joy and overwhelming emotion came on Saturday with Samantha while selecting her wedding gown, and finally while running errands on Sunday afternoon, I told Kevin I felt a cry coming on for no reason and I couldn't stop it, so we sat in the Tom Thumb parking lot while I sobbed uncontrollably. Now can you understand the need for celebration after a blubber-free day?!?!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh Monica! I am so glad Kevin is being supportive! jeremy is definetly at a loss when I loose it too! Hormones, they might be the worse thing ever! I hate to tell you but they don't go away immediatly after birth... it's just a whole new set of worries and tears! Isn't it great to be a women! I hate the "wait" for baby and labor it may be one of the hardest parts of pregnancy, and unfortunatly the "second" wait isn't any easier. I hope little Lincoln arrives very soon so you can enjoy the most wonderful gift you will ever get! Take care of yourself, your in my prayers.

Hayley said...

Hey Monica! I am checking your blog everyday waiting for the "he's here" post. I know you must be getting excited to meet baby Lincoln! Keep us posted!!!