Thursday, March 19, 2009

39 Weeks

Well, here's the 39 week update: I'm still pregnant! I have made such a lovely home in there, Lincoln doesn't want to come out. I'm not sure why I thought I would have him by now, but I was convinced we wouldn't make it this long. Doc says he weighs a little over 7 pounds now and is head down but not down far enough, and I'm halfway thinned out but just barely dilated. There were two very different reactions after our sonogram and check-up yesterday.

Kevin: "Wow, what a great appointment. Great report from the doctor, and good to know Lincoln is really healthy . . . . and a boy!" (We had them confirm the sex.)

Monica: (in tears) "I can't believe he didn't say I was ready to have the baby. I'm glad he's healthy and all, but can't they take him now? He's going to be so big by next week, and I'm really tired of being pregnant!!" (more tears)

All in all, I am relieved that he's healthy and happy. It is always good to hear that report. We've been walking a lot this week, and I'm doing the stairs quite a bit at work. I hear both of those are helpful in encouraging labor. Of course, I only want him to come when he's ready . . . I just want that to be now! I'm sure this isn't the last time he'll change my plans, right? Here's today's picture. I warned you that I would start slacking on the cute-ness by the end, didn't I? To make up for it, I'm standing in front of Lincoln's super cute crib. Auntie made the nursery decor, and she did an amazing job. (This isn't really the best pic of her work. I'll get right on that.) Eddie and Emmitt have also joined me for this picture. They get to go in the baby's room each day with me and check things out. They're not allowed on the furniture, but they sure like smelling everything.

More later from the (im)patiently waiting Kuhlman Family!



5 comments:

Megan said...

I hope when I'm pregnant I look as fantastic as you do.

Ive been thinking about you guys a lot! cant wait to come and see you!

Anonymous said...

You look great, Monica! And the nursery is so cute! Can't wait to meet baby Lincoln!

Mandy

Alicia and Reggie said...

Oh, Monica, I feel for you. I was in week 39 when Ainsley decided to show her sweet face! I was so glad and so ready. I know you are feeling miserable and like "will I be pregnant forever??!!" but you certainly won't and Baby Lincoln (sweet name!!) will be here very, very soon!! I will be checking your blog everyday and we'll be praying for a quick, safe delivery! Good luck! Alicia and Ainsley

Anonymous said...

I love Lincoln's nursery! You look incredible! Miss ya, Kristy

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

Waiting is so hard!!! I know you can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy. We are so excited for you...keep us posted!