Wednesday, March 11, 2009

38 weeks!

I'm back to the blogging world after another long break. We've had a lot on our plate with the move, and our internet wasn't hooked up as quickly as I had hoped. But here I am . . . back with an update on Mom and Baby with only two weeks to go. Can you believe that? Eight and a half months ago, I couldn't imagine being this close to meeting my little angel. Eight months ago, it didn't seem as if it would happen. Seven months ago, we hit another glitch and doubt crept in again. Thanks to doctors, medicine, and many prayers, we are about to welcome Lincoln Kevin Kuhlman into our family. It seems that during the majority of the pregnancy, the focus was on the pregnancy. Of course we knew that the ultimate goal was to have a baby, but that wasn't the immediate concern. Pregnancy symptoms and life while pregnant consumed our lives without the direct realization that a baby was really at the end of this. Maybe this is because it takes so long to "grow a human" as I like to say, and we focus on what we can feel in the present instead of the unknown. Now I can officially say that I'm ready. I've washed, dried, folded, hung, organized and re-organized his clothes, towels, sheets, socks, bibs, burp clothes, and blankets. I've tested out toys, practiced in my glider, arranged stuffed animals, and counted diapers. I am definitely ready. Kevin gave a frightened look when I said I'd be happy to deliver next week, but I think he'll be ready too. Dr. M's latest evaluation was good: Mom and Baby are healthy and perfectly on schedule. Lincoln weighs approximately 6 pounds and is head-down but not settled into the pelvis. There is some thinning, but no centimeters yet. My blood pressure is normal, light swelling is only in my feet and I gained just half a pound this week. We got the all clear and see you next week, so we can't ask for a better report.

A few scattered notes:

*One of my favorite things to do these days is remind Kevin (and anyone else who will listen) exactly how long I've been pregnant. 265 days sure is a long time!!! Personally, I'd rather not push the whole 280 days.

*If you haven't received a thank you note from me, I'm back on track. The thank you notes and baby book were temporarily misplaced in the move. We appreciate all the wonderful gifts we've received to help us get started as a family. I'm anxious to properly thank each of you.

*Now that Daylight Savings Time has resumed, you can find us out walking again after work. I lost my walking partner back in November due to the time change, but I've convinced him that the jig is up since daylight is back! I've been going by myself for too long.

*This picture was made after work this evening. Blame the crazy hair on today's incessant rain!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys to have this little boy! I'm glad your finally coming around to the idea of not going the full 40 weeks and are ready to meet him! I can't wait to see pictures and tell him to hurry up and come out Emmy needs a boyfriend! Just like a girl to always be one step ahead!

Hayley said...

You are getting so close! How exciting! Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

You still look great! I know you are ready for Lincoln! I will be thinking of you and Kevin!
Miss ya,
Kristy

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

I can't wait to meet him. Have posted nursery pictures yet or is Kevin slacking on his duties of finishing? I hope you guys are loving the new house.

Jon

Megan said...

so im assuming that's your new house?!?!? it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! well the hallway anyway... haha i need to see the rest. you look wonderful!!