Monday, March 23, 2009

Maternity Leave - Day 1

Today was my first day of maternity leave . . . yes, I'm still pregnant! (It was a situation of carried over vacation time that was use it or lose it, so I'm off.) As you know, my official due date is 3-24. I'm not home during the day very often, but I had big expectations for today. Apparently this is what goes on at our house during the day:


They weren't really concerned about me being home. I opened the windows so they could watch the birds, but then they got tired. Without the cats to entertain me, I set out to keep myself busy. Here's what I ended up with:


I walked a total of 6 miles today, spread out over 3 trips. I walked in the morning, after lunch and again with Kevin when he got home from work. If I'm not in labor by tomorrow, I don't know what will work!

5 comments:

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

Hopefully, it will be on Thursday, March 26th! That is also Kennedy's 1st birthday! Keep us posted!

julia said...

Please tell Kevin to put me on the e-mail list when the baby gets here. juliahamra@hotmail.com

Good luck!! You'll do great.

EilandFamily said...

Hey I need your new address...I also want to be added or as soon as you feel like it put picturs up on your blog. I will keep you guys in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and Kevin! I know you are ready for Lincoln! I need your new address as well!!
Kristy

Jamie said...

Hi Monica!
I don't have a home email... so I thought I would check on you through the blog... how are you doing? I'm thinking about you guys daily! Can't wait to hear the news! Make sure Kevin emails us too!!!