Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday Night Stars Hockey Game

Family Fun Night at the Stars Hockey Game!!!  One of Daddy's birthday gifts was a family trip to a Stars game, and the boys were so excited!  They got matching new Victory Green shirts, and they looked so cute together . . . well, except for Beau's meltdown.  In his defense, it had been a long day of errands and family pictures, and he didn't get a nap.  He was a little (a lot!) uncooperative, but we wouldn't let that get in the way of our fun!
We went to dinner at the original downtown El Fenix before the hockey game, and it was delish!  The boys munched on chicken and cheese quesadillas and pineapple/blueberry salad until Beau took a tumble from his chair.  He scraped his chin pretty good and sat in Mommy's lap for the rest of the meal.  He has decided that he will listen to Mommy next time she says that we are not done eating and can't get down from the chair alone.  Luckily the AAC was right next to El Fenix so we went right over to the game.  Beau and Daddy were super cute and excited as we walked over.  Mommy's arms were thankful that Beau was with Daddy . . . someone is not lightweight!  (And yes, Beau's tshirt is tied up in the back with Mommy's pony tail holder.  Daddy thought that was super girly, but it kept his super big shirt out of the way and got several compliments during the game by other parents!  Score Mommy!)
Mommy and Linc got to walk together, and Lincoln was super busy telling about the last time he came to a Stars hockey game with Daddy.  I'm pretty sure he thought I'd never been to one, and he needed to let me know all about it.  Sweet boy!  Also, he said this at least seventeen times . . .
Linc: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Lincoln?
Linc: Can I tell ya something?
Me: Yes, what?
Linc:  Well, I love you!
Me:  Thanks buddy, I love you too!
He seriously the sweetest thing and melts my heart so many times each day! 
Obligatory family selfie!  We had the BEST seats ever and were just a 19 rows from the ice.  It was fun that the boys could really see what was going on and follow the puck during play.   
Another cute pic of my sweeties.   
Ok, we didn't take pictures for the entire game.  It was easy to watch the action because we were so close.  Lincoln loved jumping up to high five when the Stars scored (2 times)!  He monitored the scoreboard very closely and was disappointed when the Blackhawks went up 3-2.  "That's not so good", he said! 
These two zeroed in on a little 7/11 stand outside our section and were sure they needed slurpees!  Two blue raspberry slurpees for 4x the price better be 4x the yummy!  They had fun doing "Cheers" too!

There were a few really important things going on during the breaks that the boys couldn't get enough of . . . the Stars Ice Girls and the mini Slurpee blimp.  Beau was especially obsessed with the "sweeping girls" and always wanted to know when they were gong to come back out and sweep the ice.  He probably asked at least once per minute!  In between periods the Slurpee blimp flew overhead and dropped Slurpee coupons, and that was too cool!  They raised their Slurpee cups and cheered!  When it was time to go, we passed a few Ice Girls in the hallway.  I asked Beau if he wanted his picture with them, and he said YES!  I got my camera out and stood him in between them . . . and then he ran back and hid between my legs being all shy.  I couldn't convince him to stand next to the girls he had been obsessing over all night, so I picked up to go.  Oh.My.Goodness.  He screamed like crazy all the way out of the AAC, all the way to the car, and all the way home.  "I want to take my picture with those girls", he wailed over and over.  I tried to explain that I offered to take his picture with them, but he ran from them.  I tried to explain that we could go back another time and take a picture with them.  I tried to explain that they were gone too and ready for bed.  It was super heartbreaking that he didn't get a picture with them, and I'm sure he'll remember this most disappointing event for the rest of his life.  So I hope the next time we go to a Stars game he remembers this and stands next to the nice girls and says "Cheese" so we don't have to go through this again!!!!!!!!!!  It was actually a super fun family night, and the boys loved being at the hockey game.  Perhaps a good night's sleep will be just the answer to a busy day. 

No comments: