Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cold Weekend Fun

There are only a few times each day when all is quiet . . . and usually that means the boys are up to something!  I noticed the quiet and went off in search of what was going on, and I found them sitting in the corner of Linc's room in their underwear telling knock knock jokes!!!  They were having so much fun being silly, and it was nice to sneak in to hear their giggles.  We keep our home a pleasant 73 degrees year round (no matter the electric bill!), so playing in underwear during a crazy cold front is totally cool!
So the temperature has quickly turned to COLD and FREEZING (as Beau says), and we have stayed in for most of the weekend.  It has sleeted some but mostly just stayed around 30 degrees for the last few days.  We worked on our Thankful Tree for a while.  Lincoln told me what he was thankful for, and I spelled the words for him to write on his paper leaves.  Beau told me what to write on his half of the leaves, and we got quite a range of ideas.  They are thankful from everything from their family to candy to pickles (neither like pickles?!?!) to school friends to pilgrim hats!  Oh, and construction hats were needed because we were working on a tree, according to Lincoln. 
They were so proud of the finished product.  We hung it in the playroom, and Lincoln made me text the picture to everyone so they could see the tree.   
We also cheered on the Cowboys to a win this afternoon, and the boys were so excited that Tony Romo was wearing a shirt just like they were!  He has good taste, I guess.  We have a short week and are ready to begin our Thanksgiving festivities.  There are so many blessings to be thankful for . . . maybe I should make my own thankful tree!

No comments: