Friday, March 1, 2013

The Doctor is In

Lincoln has suffered a couple of minor injuries this week.  A fall on the playground resulted in a scrape on his face, and a slip in the play room left him with a small cut on his forehead.  After all of the doctoring he got from Mommy for these small injuries (Neosporin and Band-Aids), he pulled out his doctor kit and was ready to administer his own healing.  Beau readily stepped up to be his first patient!  Beau had a small cut on his toe that needed lots of attention.  After examining the cut on his own, he called in the expert for help.
Lincoln was so excited to check Beau out!!!  They used their super important Sesame Street doctor tools to determine the extent of Beau's injury.  Hmm . . . seems pretty serious to these two! 
Dr. Lincoln's stethoscope revealed that Beau would be OK.  Whew!  Thank Goodness for that!  Lincoln told Beau that he needed more exercise (????), and Beau responded, "OK, I will."   
Uh oh, Dr. Lincoln headed over to give Photographer Mommy an examination!   Luckily, my ankle was a little sore from a workout injury, and I needed a little medical attention.  A full check up was in order, and I was also prescribed more exercise.  I was definitely hoping the prescription would be a little rest! 
It's a good thing we have an expert doctor living here.  I don't ever want the boys to have any serious injuries, but it's fun to play doctor with our little scrapes and such.  While Lincoln was examining my ankle, Beau was checking in my ears.  He repeated Lincoln's order for more exercise, of course!  I just can't get a break from these two . . . I'm going to make them exercise with me, and we'll see who recommends that next time!

No comments: