Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Nap Narrator

Our Saturday was pretty chill - no hurried plans and lots of fun at home.  When it was time for naps in the afternoon, Beau decided he wanted Lincoln to read his story.  I think I was trying not to be a little hurt because he has ONLY wanted his Mommy to read his story for almost two years, but I was interested to see where this would go.  Lincoln was super excited, and he took his responsibility with all seriousness.  Beau chose a Sesame Street pop-up book, and they really got interested in the story.  Luckily, Lincoln has had this book read to him a million times and knew all of the words and secret pop-up tricks.  
Beau was really enjoying this brother bonding thing, and he was so proud that his nap story reader worked out!  He didn't even kick me out when he saw me taking pictures and gave me a sweet smile. 
Back to business . . . they examined each paged thoroughly.  Kevin and I had so much fun watching them during their story time.  Lincoln handled it with such grace - he is such a big boy and loved being the big brother!   
I definitely don't want to miss many more pre-nap stories, but I think it was fun for the boys to have this special moment.   Everyone had a nice nap/rest and woke up ready for more action.  These little guys can play like nobody's business!!!!   
Just in case I need a blackmail pic when Beau is 16 or 21, I couldn't help capture his post-Mardi Gras look from this weekend.  He found the beads while naked and was super happy to wear his necklaces.  There has never been a better physique for Mardis Gras beads if you ask this Mommy!!!

No comments: