Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Crazy Boys!

Picking up Lincoln from school is always fun.  He's super happy to see me, and I get lots of hugs.  I also get to hear from his teacher how smart and sweet he is each day.  When I got to his class on this day, I caught him in the dress up center wearing a crazy costume!!!!  Strange crafty headband, silk kimono, and a baby in a car seat????  After lots of questions, I learned that he was wearing the headband that he colored in the Dr. Seuss birthday celebration, the kimono was his dentist smock, and he was cleaning the teeth of the baby in the car seat.  I guess that makes sense, but it's still a wild picture!!!
After a yummy dinner and dessert (rotini with meat sauce, cauliflower and broccoli, strawberries and chocolate chip cookies), the boys were happy to pose for a cute picture.  Looks like I forgot to clean the chocolate chips from Beau's face . . . or perhaps he just always has chocolate face from carrying his cookies around while he plays.  Whatever!! 
Sweet little toddler Beau (as he likes to be called) is really throwing me for a loop . . . he's calling me "Mother!"  I have absolutely no idea where this is coming from.  Lincoln went from Mama to Mommy to Mom.  Beau has repeated Mama and Mommy then jumped to Mother???  Even Linc thinks it's weird.  I asked what books they have been reading at school, but "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", "Goodnight Moon", and "Go Dog Go" have nothing to do with the word Mother.  Apparently he came up with that one on his own. I don't know if I am ready to be "Mother" yet . . . that sounds really old!!! 
At least we have fun with our costumes and nicknames . . . there is never a dull moment with these Kuhlman boys.  I can't even imagine what they will come up with next!

No comments: