Friday, July 13, 2012

Visit from the "Great!" Aunts

Lucky boys, Lincoln and Beau had another set of fun visitors to come play this weekend!  My Aunts from Arkansas drove in on Thursday to spend the weekend with us.  My Aunt Sarah (who just came two weeks ago), my Aunt Barbara and my Great Aunt Patsy were ready to love on the boys!  We've had lots of fun and been busy with lots of playing.  Beau stayed close to Mommy at first but gave the ladies lots of shy then silly smiles before he finally warmed up to everyone.  They learned the danger of saying the word "snack" in earshot of Beau  . . . you get pushed out of his way as he runs to the pantry demanding a cracker!  They now understand why we spell words out now!  Patsy and Linc read lots of books and went to the "pretend" movies.  Both boys have really been happy to entertain all the visiting ladies.
 Lincoln managed to sweet-talk them into a trip to Target this afternoon.  He told me on the way that he was being good so he was going to get a big present, and Beau could get a little present because he's still little.  Somehow they settled on a Cars puzzle, Elmo book and Mickey Mouse movie for Linc, and a school bus for Beau with Elmo, Count, Abby and Rosita for Beau.  Linc told them on the way to the car that he "got everything I could ever want . . . a puzzle, book and movie!"  They eagerly opened their gifts then immediately decided to play with each other's gifts instead of their own.  Beau took over the drums on Lincoln's singing Elmo book!
 Lincoln didn't even notice because he had commandeered Beau's Sesame Street school bus!  I think I'm supposed to be thankful that they enjoy the same things, but actually I know that they just fight over each other's stuff!!!  At least they were both happy!
 We took them along on our normal Friday night Mi Cocina, and everyone had a yummy dinner.  Beau was just looking too cute with his big blue eyes and chubby cheeks.  He worked several puzzles and read several books while we ate.

Lincoln enjoyed a new book that Nana brought and was so proud to show it off!  I hear that after we left to get home and get the boys to bed, my Aunts stayed for another hour for what I'm sure was a meeting of the Lincoln and Beau Fan Club! 
These ladies have been loving on me for my whole life, and I love watching them interact with my boys.  I wonder if they draw any comparisons . . . I'm thinking they associate Linc's picky eating and Beau's flair for dramatics with me as a child.   We have another full day on Saturday to play, and I'm sure there is lots of fun in store.   

No comments: