Sunday, July 15, 2012

Return to Normal

After so much excitement with our weekend visitors, we needed this Sunday afternoon to get calmed down a little.  Wait . . . nothing is EVER calm around here.  It was crazy playing as usual.  Linc did take a break to listen to a few audio children's books on my Nook.  He thinks it's a real treat!  I got a Nook gift card as an early birthday present from Sarah, and I'm sure I could buy him a new Charlie Brown book to enjoy. 
 I did some cleaning this afternoon, and the boys did great at staying out of the way and entertaining themselves.  (Note-we had to part with our housekeeper of 7 years last month, and the new one I hired doesn't start for another week.  I have NOT enjoyed taking on the cleaning load.  That is definitely money well spent to me!!!)  I was so proud of Lincoln and Beau for playing together for so long without many squabbles.  Kevin would sneak in to check on them occasionally, and he reported that they were hiding from the Woodsman at one point.  I guess the Woodsman wasn't going to check for feet under the easel!  (I think Lincoln's thinking of the Woodsman coming to save Little Red Riding Hood in my 1981 book version of the story as told by Sesame Street's Grover.  That imagination is wild!!)  I don't know why Beau goes along with these schemes, but he loves it!!
 The boys were still interested in being together just before bed and wanted to pile up in the chair.  Beau was practicing his buzzing sound (as in bee's buzzing), and Lincoln was practicing his counting with Mickey flash cards.  They are both in a phase that they never want to look at the camera.  Saying "cheese" isn't a problem, but they just don't want to look up!  
 Awwww . . . Beau needed to dive in for a brother hug!  It didn't last long, trust me.  I snapped this picture and called for Kevin to come witness the cuteness, but it was over before he could get to the living room.  At least I have documentation of this sweet hug!
I should mention that we treated ourselves to lunch at The Mecca today, and I'm still reeling over that cinnamon roll.  It certainly wasn't my first and definitely won't be my last, but I'm feeling super guilty.  Lincoln was almost in tears at the table as we insisted that he take a bite, but he surprised himself by loving it!!  Mommy and Daddy knew he would!  The Food Network doesn't just name any old cinnamon roll the best one ever!  We really had a great weekend and are ready for the Firetruck Party at school on Monday. 

No comments: