Monday, July 23, 2012

Semi House Arrest

Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease is still bugging Beau!  I think I can report that Monday (Day 4) has brought some improvement.  He woke up with quite a few new spots on his feet, which was really disappointing for me.  I was sure that the minimal amount of new spots he got on Sunday meant that we were in for a quick bout of this illness.  The new ones today were a set back, but I still am hopeful that we've had a light case overall.  There have only been a few spots in Beau's mouth, and those and the ones on his hands are going away pretty quickly.  His feet and the back of his legs still had the most spots, but they all looked so much better (and less apparent) after his nap this afternoon.  We've had lots to do while in quarantine!  We've read at least a million books . . . I think I'm serious about that!  I know that we've read Good Night, Gorilla over 100 times.  He loves books!
 Beau has discovered that shutting himself in the closet, only to open the doors to shout "Peekaboo" is the most fun game ever.  We did this for at least an hour today.  He was so proud of himself every time, and I would hear him giggling in there just waiting to open the door to surprise me.  I'm so thankful he's been in great spirits throughout this ordeal.
 Again with the books.  We have read most of the books in his age range, and he's just about mastered every one of them.  He can recognize every picture and even say most of the words.  At least these past few days haven't gone without learning. 
 This morning was a little cool (well for Texas in July, that means not 100 degrees yet), so we went for a walk.  He was thrilled to be outside!  We blew bubbles for a while then checked out all of the neighborhood activity.  A few dogs, a jogger, a real estate showing, several airplanes to check out, and a fire truck blaring nearby . . . a real highlight for this little sickling!  It even cooled down again after dinner so we headed out again to get some more fresh air.  So thankful for that!
 I feel so bad for these brothers who love each other so much . . . they are in complete isolation from each other.  Beau and I have the front room and his bedroom to play in, and Lincoln and Daddy have the playroom and Daddy's office to play in.  We are only together for meals when Beau is safely strapped in his seat and can't touch (contaminate) anything.  They are soooooo missing each other!  Every time the door opens, Beau gets so excited and yells for Linc.  Daddy and Linc have done lots of fun things over the weekend, like baseball, brunch, a trip to the mall, a visit at the post office, a lunch date and a trip to the Nature and Science Museum.  I love that they are realy bonding, but I hate missing out on the fun stuff!  Lincoln has been very understanding that he can't be with Mommy or Beau right now because Beau is sick.  I'm missing him like crazy, but I don't want him to suffer from Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease.  One day soon I will be able to give Linc a million hugs . . . hurry!  I lifted the curtain to the playroom tonight, and both boys were thrilled to get to interact through the glass.  They were squealing like crazy!  Day 8 can't come fast enough for all of us!!! 
Beau has really been so great through all of this.  He's been super playful and so silly and really not "sick".  I know he could have had a severe case of this virus, and I'm so thankful that he hasn't and that no one else has gotten it.  I'm Cloroxing doors, walls, drawer handles, phones, and anything else I can think of.  Surely I can reunite our family soon.  We decided to keep Beau in pants for the duration, due to the amount of sores on his legs and ankles.  He doesn't see them and then feel the need to touch them, and they don't rub on my arms when I carry him around when he has pants on.  I love all of my Beau snuggles and spending so much quality time with him, but I'm ready for "real life" to resume.  

No comments: