Saturday, July 14, 2012

Beau is 16 Months Old

Beau had a super fun 16 month birthday today . . . actually I think he's had a pretty great first 16 months total!  We marveled at his sweet personality and super learning skills all day!  Here's what's going on with Beau right now.
He's such a great little eater, unless he doesn't feel so great.  He mostly gobbles up whatever I give him.  Of course I only give him the best stuff . . . rotini with meat sauce (number 1 favorite!!), fruit salad, chicken taquitos, and on and on.  If he hears the pantry door open or hears anyone say the word snack, he runs to the pantry yelling for go-gos (goldfish crackers).  Seriously, get out of the way!! 
 Beau is learning new words and tricks with lightning speed.  He has so many new words, and I'm trying to keep a list as I hear them.  Beaw - bear, poon - spoon, tash - trash, fowew - flower, boke - broke, fwag - flag, emeee - empty (as in snack cup!), cheese, chip, oh no, and all done.  I ask him what does B-E-A-U spell and he points to himself and says, "Booooo".  So cute!
Beau is still pretty snuggly with his Mommy, and I love that!  (Unless I have something I really need two hands for like chopping up food while cooking.  That makes things a little difficult.)  He also lights up when Dada walks in and gives him a big yell.  Of course he's obsessed with everything his bubba (his word, not mine) does.  Lincoln usually enjoys that, but they can get a little too close sometimes!  
I loved watching Beau learn so much this month, and I know that is just going to continue.  He wants to repeat everything and know what everything is.  I love his excitement for learning, playing, singing, and having fun.  We're ready for an awesome Month 17!!

No comments: