Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Getting Ready for Summer

The official start of summer is almost here, and we are getting ready for all the heat.  We don't spend many evenings outside when it's over 100 degrees, so we were happy to have a few more nights of fun walks.  Beau was adamant that he was not going to be pushed in the car anymore . . . he marched right over to Lincoln's scooter and climbed on with a determined look!  We made our usual trek down the street in an unconventional way - I was holding Beau under the arms while steering/pushing the scooter.  I'm not sure I enjoyed this mode of transportation, but I can assure you that Beau did.  He was feeling like the ultimate Big Boy tonight! 
 After our neighborhood inspection, we cooled off with watermelon slices.  Linc was all excited at first and couldn't wait to dive in.  This is the only picture of him actually eating the watermelon.  I left him for a second to hand Beau his slice, and after that Lincoln decided that he only wanted to lick the rind.  Hmmm . . . glad he at least tried it, but we may need to work on this one.
Beau was all excited about getting his watermelon too, and he couldn't wait to dive in.  The only difference is that Beau actually liked the watermelon!  There aren't many things that Beau doesn't like, and I'm glad most healthy fruits and veggies top his list.
I know the super hot summer is almost here, and I'm thankful we've had a few cool days this June.  Last year, we had already begun our over 100 degree streak by this time.  I bought a few new puzzles for when we get a little stir crazy, and we can still eat popsicles and watermelon at the table.  I guess when it's too hot to go outside, I'll be glad I don't have to bend over and push Beau on that scooter for half a mile.  (Just looking at the bright side!)

No comments: