Thursday, April 12, 2012

What's up today with Linc and Beau?

Lincoln's preschool held Parent/Teacher Conferences this week, and I was so anxious to hear all about his time at school. His teachers are so sweet and so creative and come up with so many fun activities for them each day. Linc is always talking about the class pet (fish), making fun foods (green eggs and ham, waffles, guacamole), learning silly songs, and the new words he learns about the letter of the week. He totally loves Preschool! I wasn't disappointed in our meeting . . . his teachers said he amazes them every day with his smarts! He can identify all 26 letters and many words for each letter, counts to thirty, follows directions well, loves to learn new songs, and knows all the days of the week, plus many more super awesome things! I was so proud that he has wow-ed them! The one comment the teachers had for me was that Lincoln doesn't eat lunch at all. I know he's a little picky, but they were sure that no amount of their begging could make him eat a bite. He even sneaks his plate to the trash so they don't notice that he hasn't eaten anything. They recommended that I bring him a lunch so he doesn't go hungry. I almost cried when I packed his first lunch . . . Seriously, how is he old enough for a lunch sack?!?! I made him a little ham and cheese sandwich, a bag of triscuits and a banana. He was so excited that he got to carry the insulated bag he decorated during Dr. Suess week. Miss Shaye said he ate every bite!!!! So glad my (not so little) baby is loving Preschool! After a yummy dinner and a bit of playtime tonight, I asked Kev if he thought Beau was walking funny. He's gotten so much more sure-footed, but it seemed like he was off balance. We checked him out and discovered a giant red lump on his foot, so off to the emergency clinic we went. I had terrible visions of a broken foot from some terrible thing crashing on him, but our doctor assured us that it was just a swollen insect bite. What a relief!!! I gave him iburofen and benadryl, and other than a small limp he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

I'm hoping Lincoln continues to love his bag lunches and that Beau's bite heals quickly. He was super happy tonight in spite of his little ailment. Just to give an update on his teething: his second molar broke through today! I hope we get a molar break . . . those are not fun! Poor little guy! Perhaps he has gotten a little used to the pain, but I can't stand it!

No comments: