Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spring Training

In the big leagues, pitchers and catchers reported for Spring Training this week. In the Kuhlman house, my pitcher and catcher began practice as well. Lincoln is enrolled in Little Sluggers starting next week, so he and Daddy got serious about their ball practice. Luckily the weather was prefect this weekend! Linc has decided that he wants to through right-handed after keeping us in suspense for almost three years! Daddy showed him the appropriate wind-up, and he let loose! (Beau is totally cheesing out in the background. He loved baseball practice . . . and eating grass!)

I'm not sure who was happier about baseball practice - Lincoln or Daddy? Seriously, Daddy already has on his coaching outfit!
Daddy insisted that I post this picture. Something about how Linc's wrist is turned down at the correct angle, and the ball's forward spin something something . . . sorry, I'm not quite up to speed on my pitching mechanics yet. At least it looks cool!

Another cheer from Beau! Not only did he pick all of the weeds in the vicinity, he had fun! (He also had his ears covered to protect from the slight wind because I'm not inviting another ear infection any time soon!)

Is there anything more wonderful to witness than pure joy?!?! Daddy throws the ball sooooooooooo high in the air, and Lincoln squeals with delight!

These guys are pretty amazing! We had tons of family fun and loved being outside. I even played a game of catch with Daddy while Lincoln took a tricycle break. Apparently I have quite the arm . . . who knew? In two seasons of softball, I made it on base exactly once (walked) and picked lots of weeds in right field. Perhaps they should have taught me pitching! I'm too scared to catch Lincoln though, so Daddy's on the hook for that one. Happy Spring Training!

No comments: