Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Beau is 11 Months Old

Just one month short of one year old, Beau is the best 11 month old on the scene right now! We've had a super fun month and lots of development packed into 30 days. Beau is so full of personality and never takes a backseat to a bossy older brother. Right now he's fighting another (or possibly the same) ear infection, but he tries his best to giggle and play his way through it. If he's only had 1 real illness so far, I think he's a pretty tough cookie! I never really know when he's feeling bad because he's such a hard playing kid. He loves to laugh and play, and he doesn't let anything slow him down. I do enjoy a few extra hugs and snuggles when he's feeling down, but he's pretty generous with those all the time! Here are Beau's 11 month stats:

Weight: 23 lbs - When he's feeling good, Beau is a great eater. He still has a bottle at meal times and occasionally baby food, but he's loving big boy food. His favorites are chicken strips, sweet potato fries, green beans (canned only-yuck!), strawberries, bananas, biscuits, and any snacky cracker/cookie. His least favorites are carrots, steamed green beans and pears. He is obsessive about what Lincoln is having for snack and attacks Linc's snack bowl. I have to remind Lincoln every day to put his snack bowl out of Beau's reach if he wants to have any left.

Words: Dada, Mama, Bye-Bye, Uh-Oh - He's quite the talker, though he has to fight his brother for talk time. I hope he continues his love of conversing because he has lots to say!

Walking: I didn't think I'd need to add this category yet . . . Beau thinks I should! He began to take a few steps a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if he realized it yet. Now it seems purposeful, and he'll walk to what he wants if it's only a few steps. I'm still trying to get this on film, but he's playing coy when the camera appears.

Party Tricks: Waving is mastered, clapping is occasional, and peek-a-boo is emerging. He sometimes grabs a bib and covers his eyes, only to fling it aside with a big smile and wait on me to say "Peek-A-Boo"!

We all love Beau to pieces, and I kind of think he likes us too. He gets lots of squeeze hugs from Lincoln, and I'm not sure he's that fond of those but tolerates as best he can. We read lots of books, destroy Lincoln's block towers, and snack like the best of them . . . what more could Beau want at 11 months old!

No comments: