Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beau Bath

From the moment Beau came home, he has always loved bathtime. First he just loved Lincoln's bathtime. He always got to lay on the mat while Linc got his bath each night. I think the water sounds and warm room made him at ease. He still accompanies us for Linc's bath each night, but he's definitely not at ease. He's super excited! I stand him up at the tub so he can watch Linc play, and occasionally Lincoln shares a bath toy with him. So nice! Beau prefers the foam shapes that he can chew to death! (Sorry, alligator and parrot!) Lincoln always announces that it's time for a "Beau Bath" next, and Beau equally enjoys the water in his own tub. I haven't let him sit up in his reclining tub until tonight, and he was very excited about it. Such a big boy! I'm not sure it's recommended to give a 6 month old a bath every night, but I do know it's important to establish a bedtime routine early so this is ours. I let him enjoy the water then lather him up with lotion so he won't dry out! It's his last moment of fun for the day and a chance to have one-on-one time with Mommy, and I say those are both pretty important! I'm glad he loves the "Beau Bath" even when I'm soaked by his splashing! (I happen to remember that Lincoln got to play in the sink each evening to curb fussiness when it wasn't his bath night . . . oh, how we were first time parents then . . . we should have just let him take a bath . . . I hope I'm so much smarter now with a little experience under my belt!)

No comments: