Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommy!

I was very lucky to hear "Happy Birthday, Mommy" over and over again from a sweet little two year old today. Lincoln was very excited about my birthday. He asked me this morning if I was going to have a train at my party today. When I told him no, he said it was because I'm too big. Such a smartie! Beau got in on the act too because he was on his best behavior this evening! Nana and Lincoln were busy all day planning my party, practicing the birthday song, checking out the cake, arranging the Sesame Street cups, plates and napkins, and tieing balloons all over the house - even one in the garage to welcome me home! We had a fun dinner at Mooyah then yummy Stein's cake. What could be better?!?!

The partyers!

Just a sampling of the balloons that are floating around the house. Lincoln liked the Elmo one, the Mickey one, and pointed out that the Princess balloon was tied to my chair at the table.


Happy Birthday to me!


I went to lunch with a group of friends, got lots of wonderful cards and gifts, had many birthday wishes posted on Facebook (even though I'm a horrible Facebook-er and never post there), and got hugs and kisses from the two cutest kids ever. Oh, and Kevin came home from a week of traveling for work. What a relief! It was a great birthday, especially because Lincoln was so excited about it. He was in major hyper-mode all evening (even before his small slice of cake). I was sure he would fight bedtime, but I guess he wore himself out. Hopefully those two cuties keep up the birthday kindness and sleep peacefully . . . for the next 18 years or so! Sometimes I wonder how, at only 32, I'm qualified to raise two children, have a fulltime job, and manage a home with a busy, working (sometimes traveling) husband. Seriously - who decided I'm mature enough for that? I don't know, but I pray each night for God to hold my hand and lead me in the right direction. I'm definitely not capable of doing in alone! Thanks to all for a wonderful birthday. I'll take another one like today anytime!

No comments: