Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

On November 12, 2005, Kevin and I were married. I know that there was life before that, but it seems like I look back on that differently now. It's sort of hazy, but married memories are clear . . . is this sounding crazy?!?! Our wedding day was a complete fairy tale, and I don't think I'll ever forget a moment of it. I know our families put so much into making that day perfect, and it was! Being married is quite a lot like a fairy tale: sometimes there's a wicked witch, sometimes there's a big bad wolf, sometimes there's a sleeping beauty, and sometimes there's a prince charming. To make the story much better (and infinitely cuter), Lincoln arrived and taught us how much love there could be. We found out that Lincoln would be a 'he' on our anniversary last year. I'm outnumbered around here but couldn't be happier. On this 4th anniversary, we're one blessed family. I'm glad to say that this fairy tale ends just like the books because face it dear, you're stuck with me!!!

. . . and they all lived happily ever after!

Lincoln wasn't overjoyed with his hat, but he kept it on like a real trooper. He sat on Daddy's lap while we ate, and he even tried to dig into the cake!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

happy anniversary guys! and I LOVE Linc's hat! what a great idea!

erin said...

I love your fairy tale explanation. It definitely puts a more realistic expectation on life for those of us who are still waiting for our own fairy tales. Congrats to all 3 of you! you are such a precious family, cant wait to catch up again.