Monday, October 26, 2009

Dr. K and The Freeman's

We've had a lot of activity lately, so let's get caught up. Lincoln had quite a bit of drainage from his left ear a week ago, and it scared me to death. I immediately called the doctor for an appointment, even though I had a happy, giggly, non-feverish baby. No matter what, ear drainage can't be good! The doctor took a look in his ears and diagnosed one ear infection (right ear) and one ruptured ear drum (left ear). I was so upset that I'd let the infection get so bad it had to rupture, but Dr. K assured me that he wouldn't call Child Protective Services! Lincoln hadn't been running a fever or pulling at his ear, and he was as happy to play as ever with no signs of pain. Even my hat diligence seemed futile with the diagnosis. Lincoln's first trip to the pharmacy would yield one round of amoxicillin, and I think it has worked well. He's not really a fan of taking the medicine, but he gets it down.

Sorry fellas, Mommy's about to ruin the moment with the medicine!

Minnie, Grumps and Ally came to visit over the weekend, and we had lots of fun. They couldn't believe all of Lincoln's new tricks. He's very charming and had them wrapped around his finger! We shopped and played and slept in (a little). Mostly we just marveled at how great Lincoln is. He is super squiggly right now, and I know crawling is soon. He can get up on all fours but isn't sure what to do at that point. At least he can get his belly off the floor!

Once again, I don't have any pictures of Lincoln and Allyson. She's usually taking pictures of him so I never stop and make her pose. Next time, I promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big! We must plan a weekend to come down and see you guys!

Mandy

erin said...

yikes! sorry about the ear infections...hopefully he is recovering! You know your favorite ear girl would help if she could. Miss you guys