Friday, February 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

The title of this post has so many meanings to me right now. I love our home and have enjoyed every minute of living here, but I think we're ready to move on. We found it at just the right time in our lives (3 months before our wedding), and it has been perfect for us . . . and all of our regulars who might consider it partly their home, too! We figured out how to be married, how to be roomies, and how to cook (superbly I might add) in this tiny kitchen.
As you know, we've purchased a new home and are having work done to make it perfectly ours. Each day that I go there to view the progress, it feels more like a home. There's nothing in it yet (well, LOTS of paint, tools, sheet rock, 2x4s, tiles, etc), but I know it's becoming more the place we'll welcome Lincoln and have a million wonderful memories. I hope to report soon that we have a moving day. You are all welcome to bring a box and help!
This past weekend Kevin and I went to another home . . . Newport . . . and had a great time. Thank you, Brandi and Ms. Lisa, for throwing a fun shower for me. We had a great time, the food was yummy (especially the cute cookies), Lincoln received lots of fun gifts, and I got to visit with old friends, close family, and ladies who watched me grow up at church. Thank you to everyone who took the time to help us welcome Lincoln to our family. I can't wait for you all to meet him. Attached are a few pictures from the shower.

BTW - Mom and Baby Lincoln are doing great!
Brandi, Ms. Lisa and I getting ready to party
Lincoln's adorable cookies
My cute family: Auntie, Me, Patsy, Allyson, Memama, Barbara
Mom, Allyson and I on present duty - that's hard work!
Posing next to Mom's super-cute gift! She made the cutest bibs and burp cloths.

2 comments:

EilandFamily said...

Monica you look great! I can't believe how much your sister looks like you. She's going to be a mini-me...

Well, hang in there girl. We moved out of our house into a rent house and started the building process four days before I had Mason. It's all good! Knowing that we could move during the middle of Mason's birth just helped me prepare a little differently than most people get to.

We will keep you guys in our prayers. I will need your new address!

Anonymous said...

You look great Monica! I don't know if you know or not but I am 5 months pregnant! Paul and I are so excited! Your sister does look just like you! I hope you and Kevin are doing well! I miss you!
Love, Kristy