Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pajama Day and Bedtime Books

It was Pajama Day at school, and these two guys have been waiting all week to wear their pjs to school!  I mean, this is serious business!  Lincoln has changed his mind 17 times about which pair he would wear, and he even instructed me on which pair should go in his backpack in case he wanted to change.  Crazy!!  Perhaps it's because Linc's pjs are just so cute . . . thanks again, Auntie!  The latest pair she sent has become his newest favorite pair, so he had to wear the Big Bird/Cookie Monster pjs today.  Beau isn't wearing shirt/shorts pjs yet, but I got out an old pair of Linc's from last summer for him today.  They looked super cute and loved posing for a picture before school.  
More than super cute pjs, I love that bedtime means I get to snuggle with them and read books.  I hope they don't get too old for bedtime book any time soon!  Beau wears lightweight one piece pjs after Auntie cuts the feet off because he's still blanket-less in his crib tent.  He loves his new footless pjs and always tells the friends in his bed about the firetruck or dinosaur on his pjs.  According to him, his friends (Elmo, Ernie, Bobster, Grover, Bear, Giraffe, Melman, and Lego Emmitt and Lego Gracie) get scared when he roars like a dinosaur in there.  Beau is back to a Goodnight Moon book phase.  We were on a Curious George book phase for a while, but we are back to Goodnight Moon.  He knows the words and reads it to me while I rock him.  As soon as the story is over, he turns off the lamp and calls for Lincoln and Daddy to come give him a hug and kiss.  He tells me to sing Amazing Grace then happily gets zipped up in his crib tent to hang (or scare) his friends for the night.  I love that he still wants me to read and sing to him at this age.  One last sweet hug before bed is the best! 
Lincoln is always ready for a story at bedtime too.  He definitely picks longer books than Beau, and he keeps a few (or a dozen) books in his bed to read with a flashlight after I turn out the light.  I still love my time with Lincoln while we quietly read.  His favorites this week are Robin Hood and Dumbo (thanks to the Hoggs because we haven't returned a few of Jason's old books)!  
I'm sure one day they will not be interested in Mommy reading books before bed, so I'm soaking this up!  After a busy day at school and fun evening of playing at home, we all love the bedtime routine.  Snuggling up to two clean and happy boys to share a story is the best part of the day!

No comments: