Thursday, June 13, 2013

New Game - Dominoes

Lincoln and I had a little alone time while Daddy took Beau along on an errand, so I introduced him to dominoes.  He loved the new game!  He loves counting, matching, and thinking games of all kinds.  I know there are several ways to play dominoes, and we went with the easiest kid-friendly version.  Counting the ending tiles in multiples of 5 seemed like a lot to ask of a 4 year old, so we just split them in half and took turns adding dominoes by matching the numbers.  Occasionally we are also concerned with making them line up in a funny shape - creative!!  We've played it several times over the last couple of days, and Beau is interested in this new big boy game too.  Smart little Beau can match the ones and the twos already! I can imagines some serious hours of dominoes between these two one day, and I just hope they'll let the parents play!  

No comments: