Monday, March 19, 2012

Big Boy Bed!!!

With much trepidation (from Mommy) and much excitement (from Lincoln) we transitioned from crib to big boy bed on Friday night. A really smart Mom of four (Hayley, I'm talking about you!) once told me to keep them in cribs as long as you could. I took that advice seriously! The first time Lincoln crawled out of his crib back in August, I immediately put up the crib tent. He was thrilled about it and has never expressed any desire to remove the tent. (Perhaps because he doesn't know that other kids sleep in beds and not cribs!) I ordered the guard rail that goes with his crib, and it arrived on Friday. Kevin had the front of the crib removed before I could blink! Those boys were so excited!

Linc and Beau spent a few joyful moments playing in the tent on the floor. At one point, Linc looked at me really seriously and said, "Mommy, I think we need to give Beau the tent for his bed. He needs it." Don't worry . . . I'm going to keep that close by for Beau's first attempt at climbing out!
We ran into some complications with the guard rail . . . it didn't fit the bed. It was the same company, same collection, same name, same everything except the mounting holes didn't match up! Off to Babies R Us to get the generic, fits all beds, guard rail. Linc was so proud to pose for pictures with his big boy bed! He wanted to practice getting in and out a million times.

What a big boy Linc has been about his big boy bed! We explained that he has to stay laying down in his bed until Mommy comes to get him in the morning. (We probably told him a million times!) On Saturday morning he was so good but finally couldn't stand it any longer . . . at 8:00 am he called out, "Mommy, it's not nighttime anymore. It's daytime! Come get me!" I ran in to give him a big hug, and we made Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes to celebrate his big success! He has continued to stay in the bed and is so excited and proud to be big. I prayed hard for a good transition, and I am so thankful we are all on the same page. I totally cried when he was practicing laying in his bed on Friday evening, and I totally cried when I gave him a kiss and hug on Friday night, and I totally cried when I rescued him on Saturday morning . . . only three cries for such a momentous life-changing moment? I know, I'm getting so much tougher these days! It is still shocking after four days to see the rail instead of crib, but I'm getting used to is. Life is all about change, and I'm glad we're excited about that right now. Way to go, Linc!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Really smart? I don't know about that!!! But, I am glad that it is going well!