Monday, November 22, 2010

A Real Playroom . . . Finally!

Our house came with this awesome playroom, but we've never fully utilized it. Our cats were living in it for a while, but they've since found happier homes. Lincoln's toys were all piled in it for a while, but the clutter was driving me nuts. Ikea to the rescue!!!!! We made a family trip to Ikea on Sunday afternoon and hit the jackpot. I'm sorry (or maybe glad) that I don't have real "before" pics, but I'm sure it's been noticeably messy in the background of many pictures.
Kevin worked hard getting everything set up - and only bled once! The good thing about Ikea is that they have cool, inexpensive stuff. The bad thing about Idea is that you have to put everything together. I had thought this looked like a Thanksgiving project for Bubbles, but Kevin stepped up and shared my enthusiasm. I did the chairs and occupied Linc, and he did the rest! Lincoln needed to help a little! He totally knew what to do with the screwdriver. Perhaps he'll be more handy than his Mom and Dad.

View #1 - All the storage a kid could need! I have most of the bins filled with books, legos, trucks, and the like. Cute stuff!
View #2 - A full toy box of bigger stuff and a perfectly sized table. I'm sure he'll be scribbling all over it soon . . . looks clean now, though!!!
I'm so proud of Linc's new and improved playroom. It finally looks real! There's much more room to actually play, and the clean up seems easy. At this point, he really enjoys putting things away. I hope that habit continues!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I love it! Looks great. It is such a great feeling to have an organized playroom....too bad ours never looks like that!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe you went to IKEA and didn't tell me! I live right down the road!!!! the play room looks great!