Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This is Lincoln saying "Cold"!!! Wednesday it was 80 degrees - Thursday it was 38 degrees.
There are so many things to be thankful for . . . our health, safety, families, friends and many more blessings. I'd also like to mention how thankful I am for a few not so obvious things.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries - I've mentioned often that Linc loves these, and I'm so thankful that they come already cut and flash cooked. All I have to do is bake them for 15 minutes! So much better than cutting a real sweet potato and baking for an hour!
Sesame Street - Elmo and the gang provide lots of entertainment, education and elation. Linc loves each character and tells us their color and what their sayings are. Some of them have nicknames, his favorites change by the day, and they've helped him learn his colors, sounds, body parts.
The Magic Bullet Blender - I don't use this one as much as I used to, but nothing beats a super fast healthy smoothie. A banana, a cup of Yoplait peach yogurt and a splash of OJ is a quick fix. Kevin thinks I should add ice cream each morning . . . I think that goes against the healthy part!
Allen Wrench - We put together the entire Ikea playroom with just one Allen wrench . . . seriously, what a tool!
Old Navy's Thanksgiving Day Sale - Yep, we went to the mall on Thanksgiving Day. We had been cooped up and busy all morning, so we headed to the Galleria after Linc's nap to hit up Old Navy. I couldn't believe they were open on Thanksgiving Day. We left with three big bags full and a little lighter wallets.
Palmer's Stretch Mark Cream - This stuff worked it's magic when I was pregnant with Lincoln . . . I'm hoping it still works miracles.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope your day was full of good food, rest, and fun with family. We had an abundance of all this year.

No comments: