Thursday, November 4, 2010

Post-Halloween and 21 weeks

We've been working on a Halloween Hangover this week! The big night was so fun, and it's taken us all a few days to recover! Linc has been lucky enough to snag a mini Hershey bar for dessert a few nights, and Daddy has been happily riffling through Linc's candy bag (but only when Lincoln is not looking). I developed a severe cold/allergy/overload of congestion on Tuesday but am finally getting some air now. The Neti Pot and I haven't been getting along lately, and I'm just about finished pouring water up my nose only to have it stay there! Come on congestion . . . move! Just another lovely benefit of pregnancy I guess. While I was busy not breathing, Lincoln came down with a single-occasion vomit. He was kind enough to get sick while snugly strapped in his car seat, and I'm still trying to get the smell out. I had just purchased a cover, so that washed easily. I used carpet cleaner on the regular cover and Cloroxed the other parts, but this morning I was informed that it still reeked! (I can't smell because of the aforementioned congestion. Finally there's an upside!) This afternoon I took apart the entire car seat and washed every inch of it. If anyone is interested in a puzzle, there's a car seat in about a dozen pieces at our house . . . come on over! Luckily, Lincoln hasn't been sick anymore, and he was just sweet and a little cuddly today.
My latest appointment with Dr. M revealed some big news . . . we're having a BOY! (There's plenty of photographic evidence, but the vomit didn't allow me to get to the scanner today. Take my word for it!) The baby looked great during the ultrasound, all the organs are working properly, and he even waved at us! So cute! I'm so glad Lincoln will have a little brother, and I'm so glad I never threw away a single thing of Lincoln's! We have a closet full of boy clothes, toys, equipment, etc.
Just a note: Lincoln is obsessed with balloons! I brought one home from work, and he was in heaven. He tried to hold it during dinner and a diaper change. He let it loose once and screamed so loud I thought he must be hurt. Nope, just needed the balloon from the ceiling. Enjoy the cute pic from last week's balloon.

3 comments:

Teresa Westmoreland said...

Congrats on your expected baby boy!! Somehow I missed the exciting news that you were pregnant!

Megan said...

Lincoln will be such a great big brother! I can't believe how lucky you got with having all the right clothes for the right seasons! you guys are set!

Misty said...

Sorry to hear about the car seat stinkiness. But on a good note, Lincoln is having a brother! How exciting for you all.