Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mall Milestones!

February 13 was a BIG day for Lincoln - two firsts happened at the mall today. It was lunchtime when we arrived, and we decided to hit up Sonic at the food court. For the first time ever, I ordered Lincoln his own food! He got a grilled cheese sandwich, and he loved it! If you've never had a Sonic grilled cheese sandwich, you need to try one asap. The thick buttery Texas toast makes it so good! We brought the leftovers home for a treat with supper. This one's too good to toss out! He even shared his fries with me - so sweet!
After our yummy lunch, we decided to do a bit of shoe shopping. Yep, it's time for Linc to have his first pair of "real" shoes. Don't get me wrong, I love the shoes he's been wearing. They're just not as sturdy as he needs for the world of toddling! Of course I did my Internet research to determine what we needed. While getting his feet measured, he gave the lady a serious stare down. She returned from the back with several pairs for us to try, and we found one that was the perfect fit! He's been walking everywhere holding onto our fingers, and I know these will help him get the stability he needs. You can't tell much about the shoes in this picture, but they're pretty stylin'! I even let him wear them out of the store - can you tell how excited he is!!!!!
We did a bit more shopping but nothing as monumental: a new outfit for Linc and a Valentine present for Daddy. All in all, it was a pretty awesome day!

No comments: