Thursday, August 6, 2009

We tried something really exciting at our house this week - rice cereal!! Dr. K said we could start giving it to Lincoln at 4 months, so we made a family trip to the grocery store to buy Lincoln's first solids! We had been practicing eating breast milk from the spoon (in addition to our regular bottles) to get used to the spoon. Thanks for the good idea, Julie! The actual eating of cereal is still in the funny stages after 5 attempts. He spits out the first few bites, curiously tastes the next few, then starts sucking on the spoon at each bite. He gets a little frustrated about halfway through, and I'm not sure if he's tired of the bumbo or uncomfortable. If I hold him in my lap, I can alternate between the spoon and a bottle. I'm counting this as a success, and soon we'll be eating solids at each meal. Enjoy the messy photos!

This was one of our practices. Notice there's no mess, but he's making a strange face!!


I tried holding his hands down under the burp cloth to keep them away from his mouth . . . you can see how well that worked!



Mmmmmmmm



No comments: