Monday, August 17, 2009

How's the high chair?

Lincoln and the High Chair

"Um, I don't think I like this high chair. What happened to the friendly bumbo? It was so nice and soft. Do I have to sit here, Mom? Dad, save me!"
"If you let me help you with this feeding stuff, I might like my high chair better. Let me show you how to do it, Mom! See you hold onto the bowl with one hand and put the spoon in here!"
"I guess I like this high chair after all. Every time I sit here I get good stuff to eat, and it sure is a great place to go to the bathroom. What more could I ask for?"


Eating in the high chair didn't start out that well. It wasn't bad . . . he just didn't like it as much as the bumbo. We soldiered on for the rest of last weekend, and it seemed to get better. After a whole week of high chair sitting at school, he's a pro! Just one thing about the high chair . . . some feedings come with a giant explosion at the end! I mean a seriously, completely, totally outrageous blowout! Several times we've had a mess in the seat, the legs of the chair, on Lincoln and ourselves. Oh, well. His tummy was just getting used to the cereal and increased amount of food, I guess. The dramatics seem to have died down. Before long, we'll add a new food to his repertoire. Lookout below!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Kolby would have blowouts in his bumbo. He would lean to the side and let it rip - LOL. I guess these boys will be easy to potty train :)