Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Life of Lincoln

What's Lincoln been up to lately? Well, he's been one busy little boy! The book says he's up to 2 pounds now. (I'll spare all of you a picture of what they've given me as a comparison - - a 2 pound chuck roast! The picture wasn't as cute as fruit!) As he gets bigger, his movements get much more consistent and forceful. He's still most active when I'm at work, plugging away at my desk. He keeps me entertained during those long days. Speaking of long days, my last day of work was Friday and I don't return until Jan 5. I know, I know, we're really spoiled! I'm going to enjoy lots of time with family and friends, sleep as much as possible (which won't be much) and get ready for the new year.

So here's what Lincoln has in his bag of tricks these days:

He gets the hiccups! Seriously, it's so funny that he's hiccuping in there and he jerks every few seconds. It lasted about 10 minutes last time and made me laugh so much.

He has serious karate kicks! Kevin got to feel one again last night, and it always shocks him. Lincoln does a lot of swimming around in there and usually has mild kicks, but sometimes he really gets me. I know not to take it for granted because before long we won't be together every minute.

He plays a kicking game with me! So I got a swift kick the other night, and I decided to fight back. I gave him a quick poke above my belly button. A few seconds later he responded right back with another kick! We played our little game for a bit while I made dinner, and I laughed and laughed. I'll try to keep this game limited to pre-birth, as I don't really want my kid to be the kicking, poking bully taught by Mommy!

Hope you're all ready for the holiday. We're off to Babies R Us this afternoon and maybe a bit more Christmas shopping. But first, Lincoln is asking for pancakes with grape jelly for breakfast this morning. I'm sure I can make that happen for the little fella!!

1 comment:

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

What a wonderful experience! Enjoy every moment!