Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pretzel Mania!

It's that time of year again at our house . . . Pretzel Time! For those of you who don't know, I make chocolate dipped pretzels with sprinkles for Richard's corporate gift baskets (although they are WAY more than baskets). Kathy does an amazing job putting together 50 baskets of all things chocolate each holiday season, and my pretzels are one of the stars. How does one make 50 bags of these lovely treats?
Two days off work
+
5 cases of pretzels
+
25 blocks of chocolate
-
a bit of sanity
x
a slight backache
=
50 bags of dipped pretzels


Luckily I was able to take time off work, and luckily I had a little helper this year (and no, I don't mean Kevin). The pretzels looked cute and the bags turned out great. It took endless hours to dip and 5 more hours to bag, so I listed to a lot of Sirius or XM (whatever) 90s on 9! Note: Nelson, Gin Blossoms and Alanis Morrisette are constantly in the rotation on 90s on 9. You'd think with an entire decade of songs from every genre they could have a few less repeats!! Anyway, the music was helpful and helped me not go crazy. Baby and Mom danced to our favorite songs and sang a lot, too! Sitting worked out for the bagging portion, which took longer than I had planned . . . I spent too much time making sure each sprinkled pretzel faced outward to maximize the holiday effect. I know, I know, people are just going to eat them not stare at the bag, but I couldn't help it. Included are a few photos of the work in progress, although we forgot to begin documenting the progress until the end! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

julia said...

Amazing!! What a job! I've never seen so many pretzels.

Megan said...

those are a lot of pretzels.

and I'm thinking I will come visit one of those days after new years that you are off work. You won't be in Arkansas then will you?

Mary-Lee said...

looks yummy! Have a merry Christmas you guys! We will miss you at the sigma nu x-mas extravaganza this weekend!
-Mary Lee