Monday, December 8, 2008

24 weeks and counting . . .

Since my last post was all about holiday spirit, I thought I'd add one all about Baby Boy Kuhlman. I know you're getting tired of me referring to him as Baby Boy Kuhlman, and I'm working on it! There is a lot to think about when choosing a name, and Kevin is giving me more than I bargained for. Each name I suggest has a counter because he always knows someone weird with that name. For example - Ross is out because a kid named Ross ate dog food in 5th grade. Do you all understand what I have to work with!!! We've narrowed the list to four and are practicing with one each day. Allyson has dubbed him "Little Tyke" so feel free to use that for now.

I'm happy to announce that Kevin finally got a swift kick from Baby Boy Kuhlman, and it was very timely. The evening of the infamous Christmas Decorating (overdoing it) we hadn't had any movement and panic set in. Around 11:00 that evening I was just about ready to hit the emergency room, but Kevin was trying to calm me down. I laid down and put Kevin's hand on my belly and BAM! Kevin jumped off the bed and yelled, and I was so excited on so many levels. I loved getting to be a part of them finally meeting each other, and I was so relived that my worries were unfounded. I certainly slept well that evening! Since then Baby has been a little shy when Kevin's hand is near, but he's cooperated a few times with follow up kicks for his Daddy.


He's still most active near lunch and dinner, so we're assuming he'll be a foodie like Mom and Dad. He did lots of jumping this evening when I tried a new pork tenderloin marinade. I'm assuming he liked it!


On the Mom front: I've hit the stage of not sleeping. The book cited racing thoughts, leg cramps (serious charlie horses!) and frequently bathroom trips as reasons for my lack of sleep, and I second all of these. It's amazing how accurate that book is! I'd like to add to the list two cats that need to sleep ON me, a husband who has a very consistent snore and a tendency to hog the body pillow, and my already general light sleeping. Ah, the joys of motherhood. I'm finally ready to post a belly pic! Kevin took this one on Friday night after dinner, just as we were getting settled in with a nice warm fire. I didn't plan the red shirt to match the decor . . . but it is a nice touch! My belly seems extremely big, but I guess that's ok. I've learned that I'm carrying high and out front, which definitely doesn't lend to concealing. Kevin is still obsessed with everything belly and assures me it's getting bigger each day. Until next time . . .


5 comments:

Megan said...

Monica you are SUCH an adorable pregnant lady! I love pregnant women, they are so cute. You look Beautiful!

Charlie horses suck the big one, IM SORRY!

Will you guys be at the hotel for Christmas??? if not, I most definitely want to come visit you guys at your house so i can see the baby bump in person!

Paige and Jon Erickson said...

You look great!!!! Hope to see yall over when we're in town ovver Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

You look so cute!!! I hope we get to see yall soon!

Mandy

julia said...

I'm so glad you posted a belly pic. You look great! I understand about the not sleeping. I go in and out of that stage. I can't wait to see what name you guys pick.

Jamie said...

yeah! a belly pic! So funny your 24 is in front of the xmas tree... mine too! I will post it soon. You look very cute and are definatly carring higher than me! I wish we were in town so we could go through this together! Get used to no sleep... it's just the beginning! Ugh!! I love that Kevin is so excited... I think it's so cute. Jeremy is alittle more mundane I guess because it's his 3rd try! Happy baby, talk to you soon!