Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Halfway Point

We officially hit 20 weeks on Friday! It seems like so much time has passed since this pregnancy began, but it also seems like the blink of an eye. I know there's so much to look forward to and so much to dread in the next 20 weeks, and we can't wait for each day. I don't know what other pregnancies are like, but I think we've been pretty lucky. We had a rough start but it turned into a miracle. If I hadn't needed an early sonogram at 6 wks, the doctors wouldn't have discovered I had stopped producing progesterone. Without the hormone, our growing baby wouldn't be. We are so thankful the Lord was watching over us and taking care of our family. Poor Dr. Milstein and my endless questions and phone calls . . . he'll never give out his cell again! The little movements the baby makes each day are welcomed by me and encouraged by Kevin. He can't feel anything yet, but it's not for lack of trying. He pokes my belly endlessly, and I'm ready for the baby to give him a real kick next time he gets near! The baby got to experience the Breast Cancer 3 Day this weekend, which is a 60 mile walk through Dallas in 3 days that raises several million dollars for Komen. Most of you know I walked all 60 miles in 2006, and this year Kevin and I volunteered to be on the Pit Stop Crew Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We served food to over 3,500 walkers each day and enjoyed their stories, slogans and triumphs. These women and men are so inspirational, and it really means a lot to us to support them. If you're ever in the market for a real challenge, call me for information regarding the Breast Cancer 3 Day. It will make a lasting impact. Here are some photos of the event. Enjoy!

Kevin setting up the food table. He also sampled all the snacks!

Me in the food tent - standing like a pregnant lady!!

1 comment:

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

I can't wait to find out whether you are having a boy or girl! Also, happy anniversary! I remembered that it is this Wednesday. Make Kevin take you somewhere really nice!