Tuesday, October 14, 2008










There aren't many things I know about this baby yet, but I have leaned that it usually resembles fruit! The books always give me a size comparison that they think are easily understandable . . . I'm not so sure. So here are the sizes of the baby so far: grape, nectarine, orange and now grapefruit. I'm not sure this really computes with us, but it's a fun image. Last week I came home with an orange to give Kevin some real perspective. Why can't they use fruit that I eat and already have on hand like apples, bananas or berries? Oh, well. Speaking of food . . . our diet hasn't changed much around here. We still grill a lot and eat lots of veggies, but we have added brownies as a daily nutritional requirement. Kevin thinks I make the BEST brownies ever, and I agree. (It's easy when Betty Crocker is behind the scenes giving you tips!) I think brownies count as calcium, as I alway add a dollup of vanilla ice cream on top. I still run most days, and I've even convinced Kevin to join me a few days a week. I'm sure our neighbors love those days, as we trot down the street chatting at the top of our lungs. Our whole neighborhood knew I was pregnant before we managed to tell anyone. I never said I was quiet, and when gasping for breathe I guess I get louder! That's about all I know for now. I hope to learn more about the little one in the days to come. I'm waiting on the "pop out" of the belly, which leads to the feeling of movement, which means I'm really having a baby. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: