Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Exciting Weekend

We had quite an eventful weekend . . . lots of exercise and lots of eating! Saturday morning was the 25th Annual Dallas Race for the Cure. Susan G Komen for the Cure was founded in Dallas, and the inaugural race drew 800 walkers. This year over 30,000 people participated in the Dallas Race for the Cure. Joining those 30,000 walkers were Kevin, Eric, Samantha, Jason and myself. It was a wonderful morning, and it was so inspring to see Komen in action. I have participated in the Race for the Cure many times, and it always impresses. I'm glad our friends could come along. Once we successfully walked/ran 3.2 miles, it was time for a reward . . . so we headed for the State Fair of Texas! On our list was Fletcher's corn dogs (not for the pregnant lady), fried grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken strips, nachos, and a funnel cake. We never made it to the chicken fried bacon booth! The Midway got our attention, and the guys won several prizes. We got a toy for Eddie and a toy for the baby . . . I'm sure those are safety-inspected! All in all, it was a fun day. Another milestone for Baby Kuhlman - first Komen event and first State Fair. I think the baby liked the funnel cake the best!

5 comments:

Megan said...

cute pictures. I sent Kevin a congrats text when I heard the baby news, but I will say this again to you, Monica:
I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!
yay yay yay.

anyway, I really would like to attend the Race for the Cure next year. I've wanted to go these past couple of years but something always comes up. i WILL go in 2009 though.

oh and just in case you were wondering.. this is Megan Conn. :)
I am going to try and start using my blogspot now, but i really just want to keep up with your baby news. (Richard e-mailed us the site)

Love you guys!

Jamie said...

oh I miss the state fair so much! I don't think I've been it 10 years at least! I couldn't see any baby bump in those pics... your going to have to take a pic of that! no race for the cure for us like I said I can barely walk but maybe next year, I've always thought it would be fun. You know Dever had the biggest turn out this year!

Anonymous said...

Yea - a BLOG !! Now I can keep up without asking Jason everyday. Congratulations to both of you. I "voted" girl - I have a theory about all the S7 guys !! Keep blogging and take good care of yourself.

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

Yeah! I am so happy that your blog is up and running. Now, I can stay up with the latest news on the Kulman family. Tell Kevin that the Ragar family says hi. Are you getting a little baby bump yet? Remember that the 26th of March is a great day. It was the day that Kennedy was born!

Trent, Amanda and Kennedy said...

I voted that you would have a girl. Kevin needs to be out numbered in the Kuhlman household. He would be the ultimate dad attending dance recitals, cheer competitions, Hannah Montana concerts,etc. I can picture him now with a video camera filming his little princess. It's a funny picture, but this will be Trent some day too. I don't think Trent has it in him to ever get a little boy. Anyways, he is only getting one more try!