Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Another Sesame Street Cookbook Recipe

Before I can describe the fun that we were having while taking this picture, I must address the crazy hair that Lincoln and Beau are currently sporting.  It is horrendous!!!!!!  I know their hair is crazy long, and I'm sorry!  Things have been so busy with holiday fun events, lazy weekend days, ice storm electricity issues, and back to super busy work/school schedules . . . and we haven't been to get haircuts in sooooo long.  It's on my list, I promise! 
Lincoln has rediscovered a Sesame Street cookbook that the Whitener's gave him a couple of years ago, and he's picking out fun recipes to make.  We made the Grover's Blueberry Pancake Smileys over the weekend.  He greeted me on Tuesday morning with a request to make the Giggle Jiggle jello shapes.  I dutifully picked up the ingredients at lunch, and we stirred up the mixture after dinner.  It was torture to wait until Wednesday evening to eat our masterpiece, but they survived!  We used cookie cutters to make fun shapes to eat our Grape/Blueberry jigglers, and they had so much fun.  Well, Lincoln only liked them a little.  I think he liked the idea more than the texture.  Beau LOVED eating his treat and wasn't bothered that it was cold and jiggly!  I'm not sure what recipe he'll choose next . . . Oscar's Scrambled Egg & Zucchini Pie, Elmo's Tomato Pizza, or Big Bird's Mango Smoothies.  He ruled out the Strawberry/Kiwi slush because kiwi has seeds, and the Tapioca Pudding Cones are weird because Tapioca sounds weird.  I'm ready for our next cooking venture, and I will be happy to spend time stirring and tasting with my little chefs!

No comments: