Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Messy Face Beau!

Beau is all about enjoying food and getting messy is part of the process!  I can't help but smile (through my wince about crazy messy fingers and faces) while I watch him savor his occasional treats.  I left my Mommy card at home one afternoon and let the boys eat a slice of cookie cake topped with pink icing in the car!  They really took their time scooping the pink icing off the top and licking it off their fingers before devouring the cookie cake.  Lincoln is usually pretty neat, but Beau really gets in to the process!  Pink mouth, chin and fingers . . . but it was yummy!
After a nutritious and delicious dinner one night this week, Beau was ready for dessert!  Lincoln quickly ate his mini ice cream sandwich and headed for the playroom, but Beau wasn't finished after he coated his face and hands with the sandwich part.  He was sure that a Popsicle would be the best ending to his meal!  So chocolate sandwich was glued onto his face by the stickiness of the Popsicle . . . great! 
Occasionally I have to tell his teacher at school that he doesn't have a rash or skin problem on his face because it's just red Popsicle stain that didn't come off in the bath.  Maybe we need stronger soap!!  I don't even need to join in on the desserts because I get so much joy watching him love the treats  so much!  I can't tell you the last time I had an ice cream sandwich, Blue Bell vanilla cup (their latest obsession), banana split (another of their faves), or Popsicle, but I love to experience it through Beau and (way easier to clean up) Lincoln.  Happy sweet treats to someone who really knows how to enjoy them!

No comments: